The Tennessee Aquarium is committed to creating a positive, challenging and rewarding work environment. We are an equal employment opportunity employer and strive for diversity in all jobs and at all levels in the organization. Our policy is to accept applications only for specific job vacancies as posted. Postings are listed below or you may call our job line at 423-785-4190. All applications and resumes are maintained on file for one year.
|Apply in person: |
IMAX 3D Theater Center
201 Chestnut Street
Chattanooga, TN 37402
Monday – Friday, 9:00am - noon and 1:30pm - 4:30pm
|You may also fax or mail a copy of your resume along with a completed application stating the position you are applying for to: |
Attn: Leah Wilson
P.O. Box 11048
Chattanooga, TN 37401-2048
Director of Development
The Director of Development is responsible for overseeing the Aquarium’s efforts to secure philanthropic funding and for coordinating the operation of the Development and Membership Departments. This person must have a working knowledge of all areas of development and membership support. He/she must be able to represent the Aquarium’s interests internally and within the community and assist the Board of Trustees and the President in successful fundraising. He or she supervises the coordination of donor events, the gift acknowledgement process, ongoing contact with donors and members, the maintenance of the member database, and the Aquarium’s planned giving program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Establish annual Development and Membership department goals and objectives.
2. Set budgets for both departments and perform other duties associated with their financial management.
3. Generate revenue that meets specific annual targets.
4. Research and identify prospects for donations, grants and other philanthropic giving.
5. Manage annual, capital and other fundraising campaigns.
6. Produce printed materials to support fundraising goals.
7. Manage and grow the Aquarium’s planned giving program.
8. Provide reports on development and membership activities to the President.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serve on appropriate Aquarium-related cross-functional teams .
2. Attend various community events, luncheons, etc. as Aquarium representative.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Direct solicitation and fundraising experience
• Good judgment, tact and diplomacy, as well as strategy, planning, assessment and evaluation skills.
• Ability to work with people in all segments of the community
• Working knowledge of grantwriting and granting agencies relevant to Aquarium’s mission
• Ability to supervise effectively
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to effectively represent the Aquarium to potential donors
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Strong oral and written communication capabilities
• Baccalaureate degree
• Development experience
Supervises: Development staff and Membership Staff
Provides technical support and systems administration for the Aquarium’s servers, data storage systems and network, evaluates and recommends new hardware and software to meet the computing needs for the organization. Ensure the integrity and safety of the Aquarium's data through the operation and continual evaluation of data backup and replication systems. Provides end user support as required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs the installation, configuration, maintenance, and administration of the servers and provides backup support for communications equipment and security devices. Monitors the network for security threats or resource bottlenecks.
2. Analyzes new hardware and software to determine compatibility with existing Aquarium systems and policies and develops procedures to integrate, configure and install new hardware and software.
3. Develops solutions to end-user problems, provides expertise about the Aquarium’s office productivity tools, network software, Internet applications, and operating systems.
4. Provides problem determination at the component or module level, and recommends or implements repair or remedial procedures.
5. Specifies, installs and upgrades end user devices based on user and software requirements and integrates special hardware and software as required.
6. Analyzes and implements solutions to hardware and software problems with the Aquarium’s end user devices and servers.
7. Analyze application and service delivery to align with Aquarium security, mobility and support policies and goals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Knowledge of Microsoft server and workstation operating systems.
• Knowledge of VMware hypervisor operating system
• Knowledge of Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop products
• Knowledge of backup products such as Microsoft DPM, EMC Networker, Quest/Dell vReplicator, Data Domain
• Familiarity with data storage management systems such as EMC Unisphere and SANs
• Familiarity with data security specifications such as PCI
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, systems administration, or networking
Minimum of three years experience in a related field
PART-TIME / SEASONAL:
There are no part-time positions available at this time.