The Tennessee Aquarium is a private, non-profit organization and volunteers are vital to our success. Aquarium Volunteers educate our guests, care for our plants and animals, assist in our offices or volunteer behind the acrylic walls as divers. Discover the unique, educational and fun volunteer opportunities at the Tennessee Aquarium.
Aquarium Volunteers enjoy great benefits including:
- 20% discount in the Tennessee Aquarium or IMAX® 3D Theater gift shops
- IMAX passes (limited amount)
- Volunteer uniform
- Family membership (after 3 months of service)
- Free individual admission to the Aquarium
- Pass exchanges to other Aquariums
- Volunteer recognition events: party, picnic and gifts
- Hour pins for volunteer service
- Free parking during each volunteer shift
The volunteer application process consists of a written application and a personal interview. A training program is required for most positions. We ask our volunteers to make a one year commitment with the Aquarium.
If you have questions contact the volunteer office at 800-262-0695 ext. 3057, (423) 785-3057 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please print and complete the volunteer application and send to us. We will contact you to set up an interview.