Financials and Annual Report
The Aquarium prides itself on being an efficient, transparent and effective nonprofit organization.
Only 1.1% of the Aquarium’s revenue is used for fundraising purposes and more than 80% of revenue is used for programmatic purposes. The Aquarium is also committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of its current, former and prospective donors.
The Tennessee Aquarium is committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of its current, former and prospective donors. All departments within the Aquarium will treat personal donor information as safely and securely as is reasonably possible. Therefore, anyone who contributes to the Aquarium will:
- Be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition unless the donor requests that their gift be anonymous.
- Be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- Receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers to any questions relative to their donation.
- Be assured that Aquarium does not sell, lease or rent its member lists and will not do so in the future.
Employee or volunteer access to personal donor information is limited and is based solely on job function. Donor information will be viewed only by staff and volunteers who understand the confidential nature of the information.
Tax Deductibility Information:
Memberships are 100% tax deductible under Internal Revenue Service guidelines. Member privileges subject to change. Memberships are not transferable or refundable.