Community Outreach Program
The Tennessee Aquarium is pleased to offer the Community Outreach Program to area non-profit organizations.
The Tennessee Aquarium’s mission is to connect people with nature and empower them to make informed decisions about water and wildlife. We are committed to providing an opportunity for our community to experience that mission in action. The Community Outreach Program allows area non-profits to share the Aquarium experience with the people they serve.
Award Details and Eligibility
- Open to 501(c)(3) organizations in Tennessee, Alabama and Georgia.
- Each awarded organization will receive entry for a group of 15 to 40 people to the River Journey and Ocean Journey buildings. The group must visit during the designated period of February 24 - April 30, 2017.
- Based on group size and age of guests, groups may choose to add a Behind The Scenes Tour, Animal Encounter or Career Talk for a weekday visit.
- Groups may also apply for transportation reimbursement ($200/bus).
- Tickets for the IMAX 3D Theater and the River Gorge Explorer may be purchased separately at a discounted rate.
- Reservations are subject to availability and must be made at least two weeks in advance.
- Awarded organizations must submit a brief evaluation (and photos, if available) after their visit – the evaluation form will be provided with the group reservation details.
- Aquarium staff will notify all applicants of award decisions and reservation process via email.
|Application open on tnaqua.org||January 24, 2017|
|Applications due to the Tennessee Aquarium||February 12, 2017|
|Applicants notified of award & specific instructions for group reservations||February 17, 2017|
|Aquarium visitation period||February 24 - April 30, 2017|
|Evaluation due to Tennessee Aquarium||Within two weeks after visit|
If you have any questions about this program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.