The Tennessee Aquarium is committed to creating a positive, challenging and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and strive for diversity in all jobs and at all levels in the organization. Our policy is to accept applications only for specific job vacancies as posted below.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we are unable to provide status updates for individuals. The applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted by the hiring manager.
Apply in person:
IMAX 3D Theater Center
Monday – Friday
Fax: (423) 756-1849
There are no full-time positions at this time.
PART-TIME / SEASONAL:
Gift Shop Sales Associate
Assist customers through service and sales; stocking merchandising, cleaning, and being accountable for sales transactions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates cash register
- Monitors store, straightens and restocks merchandise when needed.
- Checks to see that all transfers are accurate and labels are correct.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Cleans store/dusts polishes, etc. Rearranges merchandise as necessary and create displays.
- Participates in physical store inventory.
- Conducts cash register maintenance such as refilling receipt paper, organizing register stations, checking supply of bags and boxes, etc.
- Execute and maintain Core Values and service standards of the Tennessee Aquarium
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of customer service procedures
- Knowledge of store merchandise
- Basic math skills
- Ability to operate a computerized cash register
- High energy level and ability to work in an ever changing environment.
Educational/ Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED Preferred
- Some Retail Experience Preferred
- Standing or walking for long periods of time while monitoring floor and running register.
- Lifting 25lbs. regularly and 50 lbs. on occasion.
- Climbing ladders and stairs in most cases.
If you are qualified and would like to be considered for the position above, please submit a resume to Leah Wilson firstname.lastname@example.org.