The Tennessee Aquarium is committed to creating a positive, challenging and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and strive for diversity in all jobs and at all levels in the organization. Our policy is to accept applications only for specific job vacancies as posted below.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we are unable to provide status updates for individuals. The applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted by the hiring manager.
Apply in person:
IMAX 3D Theater Center
Monday – Friday
Fax: (423) 756-1849
There are no full-time positions at this time.
PART-TIME / SEASONAL:
Security officers must interact with visitors and fellow employees giving excellent customer service in a pleasant informative manner that insures both goodwill and a safe, secure environment against fire, theft, vandalism, and illegal entry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Practice general safety including fire prevention by monitoring fire panels, pulls stations and smoke detectors; investigate all alarms/incidents and notify internal staff and/or external emergency agencies
- Monitor security cameras, cash control escorts, theft deterrence and security alarms for building security
- Base dispatching via a two-way radio, loading dock receiving from vendors and other duties as assigned To provide customer service and render aid to our guests and fellow employees and exceed their expectations.
- Clearly document all incidents and reports; maintain logs with Windows based computer applications
- Patrol the buildings and grounds; examine doors, gates, and windows to determine that they are secure
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform daily building inspections prior to opening; document any safety concerns found and notify the appropriate departments; other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous relevant experience working with the public
- Courses related to public relations, safety, fire science, criminal science and crowd dynamics preferred
- Must be able to work hours that may involve shift work, weekends, and holiday coverage requirements.
License or Certification Required:
Must acquire a State of Tennessee security certification license within 90 days of hire date and maintain while employed.
Normal office environment
Interior and exterior climate changes
Walking, running, standing, climbing of several levels of stairs on a routine basis and lifting of equipment and packages up to 100 lbs.
Part time; hourly