The Tennessee Aquarium is committed to creating a positive, challenging and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and strive for diversity in all jobs and at all levels in the organization. Our policy is to accept applications only for specific job vacancies as posted below.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we are unable to provide status updates for individuals. The applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted by the hiring manager.
Apply in person:
IMAX 3D Theater Center
Monday – Friday
Fax: (423) 756-1849
There are no full-time positions at this time.
PART-TIME / SEASONAL:
Money Room Clerk
General duties including administrative tasks, cash control, reconciling cash drawers, preparing bank deposits, and utilizing computer based Point-of-Sale and Financial Management systems to perform duties. Good judgment, tact and diplomacy may be called for when dealing with Aquarium staff from various departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Distribute and verify cash given to individual cashiers based upon current operating procedures
- Assist with cash drops when necessary in various locations
- Verify and balance vault daily and identify any discrepancies that may occur
- Perform various tasks on Point-of-Sale Systems: monitor systems for cash control, routine report generation, data entry and reconciliation in both Admissions and Gift Shop.
- Monitor and replenish automatic vault system information
- Prepare daily bank deposits based on current procedures in a timely and accurate manner for pick up by armored car personnel
- Promptly verify money shipments from the bank which entails counting and restrapping or packaging
Qualifications: Minimum three (3) years demonstrated ability in cash management, knowledge of bookkeeping techniques, excellent math skills (General Math and Algebra), and the ability to physically lift 40 lb. packages on a regular basis. Additionally, the qualified applicant must have accurate keyboarding and calculator skills, computer literacy, and familiarity with computerized cash registers and accounting systems.
Every other weekend and some holidays required; other as staffing needs dictate.
All inquires must be received by July 28, 2015.
Gift Shop Sales Associate
Assist customers through service and sales; stocking merchandising, cleaning, and being accountable for sales transactions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates cash register
- Monitors store, straightens and restocks merchandise when needed.
- Checks to see that all transfers are accurate and labels are correct.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Cleans store/dusts polishes, etc. Rearranges merchandise as necessary and create displays.
- Participates in physical store inventory.
- Conducts cash register maintenance such as refilling receipt paper, organizing register stations, checking supply of bags and boxes, etc.
- Execute and maintain Core Values and service standards of the Tennessee Aquarium
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of customer service procedures
- Knowledge of store merchandise
- Basic math skills
- Ability to operate a computerized cash register
- High energy level and ability to work in an ever changing environment.
Educational/ Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED Preferred
- Some Retail Experience Preferred
- Standing or walking for long periods of time while monitoring floor and running register.
- Lifting 25lbs. regularly and 50 lbs. on occasion.
- Climbing ladders and stairs in most cases.
If you are qualified and would like to be considered for the position above, please submit a resume to Leah Wilson firstname.lastname@example.org.