The Tennessee Aquarium is committed to creating a positive, challenging and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and strive for diversity in all jobs and at all levels in the organization. Our policy is to accept applications only for specific job vacancies as posted below.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we are unable to provide status updates for individuals. The applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted by the hiring manager.
Apply in person:
IMAX 3D Theater Center
Monday – Friday
Fax or mail a copy of your resume along with a completed application stating the position you are applying for to:
Fax: (423) 756-1849
Construction & Maintenance Services
The primary responsibility of this position is to perform plumbing related tasks on aquatic life support systems, facility sanitary systems, heating & cooling systems and other mechanical equipment. Assist other CMS trades personnel with construction and maintenance related projects at Aquarium operated facilities.
Required Qualifications: Applicants must have formal training in commercial and industrial plumbing, a City of Chattanooga Journeyman Plumbers license and a valid driver’s license with a good driving record. Good knowledge of fluid hydraulic pumping systems. Have the physical ability to lift up to 60 pounds. Dependability and the ability to work weekends is a must. A minimum of two years work experience as a journeyman plumber in a construction or maintenance environment. Applicants must pass a post hiring physical and lung capacity test required for approved use of a respirator.
If you are qualified and would like to apply for this position, please forward a resume to email@example.com and fill out an application at the IMAX Center reception desk.
PART-TIME / SEASONAL:
Reintroduction Assistant (TNACI)
Carries out daily husbandry for Southern Appalachian Brook Trout reared at TNACI. Visually monitors animals for health and behavioral abnormalities. Aids in the maintenance and occasional improvement of the life support facilities. Provides assistance with other tasks as needed. Inquiries must be received by January 29, 2015.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Feeding and maintenance of Brook Trout in holding tanks, raceways, and related facilities.
- Grading fish out into different tanks to optimize growth of fish.
- Cleaning and maintenance of tanks and filtration in life support system.
- Visual monitoring animals to detect health or other husbandry problems.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with care for other captive propagation programs as needed.
- Interacts with other TNACI science staff to support ongoing research projects.
- Occasional assistance with fieldwork for TNACI conservation programs.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Experience or knowledge maintaining freshwater aquaria.
- Good working knowledge of computers, frequent use of Excel and Word.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, and as part of a team.
- Working knowledge of basic carpentry and plumbing helpful.
- High school diploma or GED.
- College experience with background in biological sciences preferred.
- Seasonal position; works 2 hours per day for 6-12 hours per week.
- Schedule will require weekend (Saturday and/or Sunday) and holiday work.
- Outdoors in all seasons and conditions providing husbandry support for aquatic animals.
- Some fieldwork activities may be required for this position.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
The Tennessee Aquarium is seeking an energetic individual to perform general cashiering/cash control duties, including reconciling cash drawers and having the ability to upgrade Aquarium ticket only sales to combination tickets. Applicants must be able to work on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Qualifications: Two years cashiering experience; excellent sales communication skills and ability to be proactive and persuasive in terms of communicating available options and maximizing sales opportunities; excellent math skills; accurate keyboarding; computer literacy; and availability to work a flexible schedule.
Seasonal Warehouse Associate
This position consist of folding shirts/tagging, pricing merchandise at a fast pace. Stocking shelves in numeric order. Able to use scanners to pull merchandise daily when needed. Pack/load van and assist with daily deliveries to the Aquarium, Ocean Journey and Imax Gift Shops. Unloading UPS, FEDEX and other freight deliveries on a daily basis. General cleaning in work area daily, pulling trash, cleaning work tables etc. Helping with other duties as requested by different departments within the Aquarium. Follow company policies and safety rules.
Qualifications: Current driver’s license and excellent driving record. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and be available to work between the hours of 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Mon.-Friday. Experience in retail/warehouse a plus, but not required.
Location: Amnicola Highway
The Tennessee Aquarium is committed to promotion from within. If you are qualified and would like to be considered for this position, submit an application to Julie Piper in Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org or apply at the IMAX reception area. All inquiries must be received by January 19, 2015.