The Tennessee Aquarium is committed to creating a positive, challenging and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and strive for diversity in all jobs and at all levels in the organization. Our policy is to accept applications only for specific job vacancies as posted below.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we are unable to provide status updates for individuals. The applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted by the hiring manager.
Apply in person:
IMAX 3D Theater Center
Monday – Friday
Fax or mail a copy of your resume along with a completed application stating the position you are applying for to:
Fax: (423) 756-1849
Desktop Support Specialist
Troubleshoots and repairs hardware and software problems for Tennessee Aquarium Staff and IT’s support customers as well as setup, staging and maintaining IT desktop hardware and software.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides troubleshooting assistance to the Help Desk in resolving computer problems and/or issues
- Supports requests for desktop IT hardware and software adds, moves, changes and installs
- Assists Help Desk Technician with the organization and upkeep of software media and corresponding licenses
- Resolves problems with desktop hardware and standard software applications. This includes computers, monitors and various I/O devices like printers, scanners, IP telephones, mobile devices, etc.
- Helps maintain documentation on desktop systems and computer infrastructure
- Stages newly purchased thin clients, PCs and peripherals, including initial setup and checkout, installation of system and application software, roll out to desk tops, and basic instruction of users as needed
- Performs preventive and/or scheduled maintenance to computers to alleviate the effects of Spyware/adware (pop ups) and computer virus threats
- Provides front line support for offie productivity software and other business related systems
- Manage the Aquarium’s BYOD infrastructure
- Maintains confidentiality of information exposed to in the course of business regarding supervisors or other employees
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of configuring, troubleshooting, repairing and providing end-user support for computers, thin clients, mobile devices, printers, image scanning equipment and cable systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7) and Microsoft productivity applications (Office 2007/2010), Mobile Devices
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- High School diploma (Associate Degree preferred)
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with networked computers or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Works primarily in a climate controlled environment
- Requires travel between Aquarium facilities and IT’s customer facilities in the metropolitan area which may require limited driving
- Requires ability to push, physically handle and lift objects up to approximately 50 lbs
- Ability to stoop, bend, climb ladders, pull wire, kneel and crawl to make repairs, adjust and/or install equipment
PART-TIME / SEASONAL:
Seasonal Warehouse Associate
This position consist of folding shirts/tagging, pricing merchandise at a fast pace. Stocking shelves in numeric order. Able to use scanners to pull merchandise daily when needed. Pack/load van and assist with daily deliveries to the Aquarium, Ocean Journey and Imax Gift Shops. Unloading UPS, FEDEX and other freight deliveries on a daily basis. General cleaning in work area daily, pulling trash, cleaning work tables etc. Helping with other duties as requested by different departments within the Aquarium. Follow company policies and safety rules.
Qualifications: Current driver’s license and excellent driving record. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and be available to work between the hours of 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Mon.-Friday. Experience in retail/warehouse a plus, but not required.
Location: Amnicola Highway
Food & Beverage Associate
Responsible for top quality food service coupled with a friendly smile and world class customer service and interactions. Assist with operation of Aquarium Plaza and IMAX Concessions. Also, assist with Aquarium and IMAX Special Events as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure total guest satisfaction within Food & Beverage operations.
- Deliver products in a timely fashion, while exceeding environmental health standards.
- Handle guests problems/complaints effectively.
- Operate cash registers and register systems while consistently maintaining cash control policies and procedures.
- Actively engage and communicate with guests, staff and management.
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe working environment.
- Perform duties in a small work area with multiple people for a prolonged period of time.
- Flow between individual job functions seamlessly, accurately and quickly.
- Assist Manager and Leads with essential department functions as needed.
- Have a working knowledge of Aquarium exhibits and IMAX film content and schedule.
- Adhere to the core values and service standards set forth by the Aquarium.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist other Aquarium and IMAX staff as needed.
Assume Night Events Associate responsibilities as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Excellent Customer Service Skills
Excellent Communication Skills
Ability to perform well under pressure
Strong multitasking ability
Attention to detail
Good humored and hard working
Previous experience with a Point-of-Sales system
Experience handling money
Normal working environment
Some wet conditions
Possible hot or cold conditions
Some lifting and carrying (up to 50 pounds)
Standing for extended periods of time