The Tennessee Aquarium's Backstage Pass gives you VIP access to get up-close, touch and feed Aquarium animals. Put yourself in the boots of one of the Aquarium's animal caretakers during this 45-minute experience with 15 or fewer people.
Advance reservations are recommended. Save $3 per person when booking an Aquarium combo/Backstage Pass in advance. Call 800.262.0695 to reserve your spot today.
- $12 Member Backstage Pass
- $38.95 Adult Backstage Pass and Aquarium Combo Ticket with Advance Reservation ($41.95 at ticketing center)
- $28.95 Ages 6-12 Backstage Pass and Aquarium Combo Ticket with Advance Reservation ($31.95 at ticketing center)
Discounts available for Groups of 10+ call (800) 262 0695.
Due to safety concerns, children under age 6 are not permitted.
11:00 a.m. Tour - Backstage Pass: River Journey Building
- Meet at River Journey membership desk
- See how our chefs prepare diets for fish, reptiles, amphibians, birds and mammals in the food prep area.
- Explore the Keepers Only area above the River Giants exhibit.
- Tour a baby animal nursery in the Q-room and see young animals and fish waiting to go out on exhibit.
- View enormous pumps and filters that circulate crystal clear water throughout the River Journey Building.
- Get up close and personal during a fun and educational animal encounter.
2:30 p.m. Tour: Backstage Pass: Ocean Journey Building
- Meet in Ocean Journey Lobby
- Go above the penguin exhibit for a bird's eye view of our Gentoo and Macaroni penguins.
- Stop above the Secret Reef exhibit and chat with scuba divers coming out of the shark tank.
- Watch and help the aquarists as approximately 3,500 fish get fed in our largest exhibit.
- Get up close and personal during an encounter with an animal that is not on exhibit.
NOTE: The Ocean Journey Backstage Pass is not handicap accessible due to steps leading up to the "catwalk" overlooking the Penguins' Rock exhibit.