The Tennessee Aquarium's Backstage Pass gives you VIP access to get up-close, touch and feed Aquarium animals. Put yourself in the boots of one of the Aquarium's animal caretakers during this 45-minute experience with 15 or fewer people.
Advance reservations are recommended. Save $3 per person when booking an Aquarium combo/Backstage Pass in advance. Call 800.262.0695 to reserve your spot today.
- $14 Member Backstage Pass / $17 Non-member Backstage Pass (Aquarium admission is required.)
- $46.95 for Adult Backstage Pass + Aquarium/IMAX Combo Ticket with Advance Reservation ($49.95 at ticketing center)
- $36.95 for Ages 6-12 Backstage Pass + Aquarium/IMAX Combo Ticket with Advance Reservation ($39.95 at ticketing center)
Discounts available for Groups of 15+ call (800) 262 0695.
Due to safety concerns, children under age 6 are not permitted.
11:15 a.m. Backstage Pass Tour: River Journey Building
- Meet at River Journey membership desk
- Tour a baby animal nursery in the Q-room and see young animals and fish waiting to go out on exhibit.
- Travel to the Treetop Observation Deck to get a bird’s eye view of an alligator feeding program.
- Explore the Keepers Only area above the River Giants exhibit to see huge freshwater fish and baby sharks.
- Get up close and personal during a fun and educational animal encounter.
2:30 p.m. Backstage Pass Tour: Ocean Journey Building
- Meet in Ocean Journey Lobby
- Go above the penguin exhibit for a bird's eye view of our Gentoo and Macaroni penguins.
- Stop above the Secret Reef exhibit and chat with scuba divers coming out of the shark tank.
- Watch and help the aquarists as approximately 3,500 fish get fed in our largest exhibit.
- Get up close and personal during an encounter with an animal that is not on exhibit.
NOTE: The Ocean Journey Backstage Pass is not handicap accessible due to steps leading up to the "catwalk" overlooking the Penguins' Rock exhibit.