Event Guidelines & FAQ’s
- Events take place from 7:00 – 10:30 PM.
- The Aquarium closes to the public at 6:00 PM. Setup of tables/chairs, catering equipment, decorations, etc. takes place after that time.
- Caterers provide food for events. Servicing buffet lines and setup & breakdown of catering equipment is also the responsibility of the caterer.
- The Tennessee Aquarium provides all tables, chairs and linens for evening events. This cost is in addition to the rental fee.
- Only Tennessee Aquarium approved caterers may be used in the Aquarium, IMAX Center or River Gorge Explorer.
- The Tennessee Aquarium requires the use of a licensed wedding coordinator for all Ceremonies and Receptions. The Aquarium must approve this coordinator before any contract is finalized.
- The Tennessee Aquarium provides all bar service for events. Event hosts may not bring in alcoholic beverages or soft drinks of any kind from outside sources.
- River Journey and the IMAX Great Hall can accommodate bands, DJs and/or piped in custom music.
- Please inquire about decoration options. Tealight candles with a glass container are approved while balloons are not allowed in the Aquarium or IMAX.
- The Aquarium will provide wheelchairs.
- Parking is not included.
- The IMAX Theater is available for events and private movie viewing during non-operational hours. Private screenings during operational hours may be available based on availability with an additional charge. Please call for inquiries on dates and times.
- Extras! Ask how you can make your event truly unique with one or more of these add-ons:
~ Dive Shows
~ Animal Encounters
~ Coat Check
~ Take-away Gifts
For more information complete the form below or contact Shelby Wade at 423-785-3066.