Venues & Rates
The Tennessee Aquarium & IMAX® Theater are available for evening events seven days a week from 7 - 10:30 P.M. Tables, chairs and linens are provided by the Aquarium at an additional cost. Approved Caterers, Drink and Bar options can be found at the Food & Bar tab. For wedding ceremonies and receptions, the Tennessee Aquarium now requires use of a licensed wedding planning professional.
The original aquarium building offers a spacious venue to celebrate a special occasion or to entertain clients. Treat your guests to a tour where they will experience seahorses, alligators and freshwater fish from around the world.
- $2,000 rental fee for up to 100 guests. Includes exhibit access and use of outdoor pavilion.
- Additional guests $15 each.
- River Journey accommodates 200 for a seated dinner or 700 reception style.
Enjoy spectacular views of the riverfront along with penguins, butterflies, sharks, jellyfish and more.
- $1,750 rental fee for up to 100 guests. Includes exhibit access.
- Additional guests $12 each.
- Ocean Journey accommodates 50 for a seated dinner or 200 reception style.
BOTH AQUARIUM BUILDINGS
River and Ocean Journey provide the perfect venue for a lavish reception, plus your guests will be treated to the entire Aquarium.
- $3,250 rental fee for up to 100 guests. Includes exhibit access and use of outdoor pavilion.
- Additional guests $22 each.
- Accommodates up to 3,000 guests for an evening event.
IMAX® 3D THEATER
For a truly “dimensional” experience, the IMAX Th eater and Great Hall is the place to be. Enjoy a private film screening on our 6-story screen and hors d’oeuvres or dinner in the Great Hall. Presentations with PowerPoint are available in the IMAX Theater.
- $1,500 rental fee for up to 100 guests. Additional guests $8.00 each. Includes film screening.
- IMAX accommodates 300 for a seated dinner or 450 for a reception. Theater capacity is 382.
RIVER GORGE EXPLORER
Sip cocktails while this 70-passenger catamaran takes you on an exciting cruise down the Tennessee River and into the Tennessee River Gorge. Whether it is a special occasion with family and friends or a relaxing company cruise, the River Gorge Explorer can be chartered for all kinds of events. Charters are available for morning, afternoon and evening cruises.
- $2,000 for a 2-hour private charter for up to 70 people.
- $2,500 for a 3-hour private charter at sunset for up to 70 people.
The IMAX Boardroom offers a professional meeting space for up to 30 people. Available for full, half or multiple day meetings.
- $600 rental fee per day.
- Includes full use of AV equipment, coff ee, water and soft drinks for attendees.
- Catering and room setup options available.
Located in the River Journey Building, A-space can easily accommodate up to 80 guests and is equipped with a small stage ideal for presentations. Rental hours are from 10:00AM – 2:00PM and includes River Journey admission for attendees.
- $600 rental fee for up to 40 guests.
- $1,200 rental fee for up to 80 guests.
- Includes tables, chairs, and linens at no additional cost.
- Includes admission to River Journey for Guests. Ocean Journey admission may be added at an additional cost.
It’s easy to have a “party with a purpose” at the Tennessee Aquarium. If you have an objective for your event like networking, teambuilding or helping participants to better appreciate each other’s diverse roles, we have some fun solutions!
|Scavenger Hunts $150
Animal Encounters $300
Narrated Dive Shows $450
Coat Check $1 per person
Special event lighting TBD