Venues & Rates
The Tennessee Aquarium & IMAX® Theater are available for evening events seven days a week from 7 - 10:30 P.M. Tables, chairs and linens are provided by the Aquarium at an additional cost. Approved caterers are included in this packet. Drink and bar options are also provided by the Aquarium. For wedding ceremonies and receptions, the Tennessee Aquarium now requires use of a licensed wedding planning professional.
The original aquarium building offers a spacious venue to celebrate a special occasion or to entertain clients. Treat your guests to a tour where they will experience seahorses, alligators and freshwater fish from around the world.
- $1,900 rental fee for up to 100 guests. Includes exhibit access and use of outdoor pavilion.
- Additional guests $15 each.
- River Journey accommodates 200 for a seated dinner or 700 reception style.
Enjoy spectacular views of the riverfront along with penguins, butterflies, sharks, jellyfish and more.
- $1,500 rental fee for up to 100 guests. Includes exhibit access.
- Additional guests $12 each.
- Ocean Journey accommodates 50 for a seated dinner or 200 reception style.
BOTH AQUARIUM BUILDINGS
River and Ocean Journey provide the perfect venue for a lavish reception, plus your guests will be treated to the entire Aquarium.
- $2,900 rental fee for up to 100 guests. Includes exhibit access and use of outdoor pavilion.
- Additional guests $22 each.
- Accommodates up to 3,000 guests for an evening event.
IMAX® 3D THEATER
For a truly “dimensional” experience, the IMAX Th eater and Great Hall is the place to be. Enjoy a private film screening on our 6-story screen and hors d’oeuvres or dinner in the Great Hall. Presentations with PowerPoint are available in the IMAX Theater.
- $1,500 rental fee for up to 150 guests. Additional guests $7.75 each. Includes film screening.
- IMAX accommodates 300 for a seated dinner or 450 for a reception. Theater capacity is 382.
RIVER GORGE EXPLORER
Sip cocktails while this 70-passenger catamaran takes you on an exciting cruise down the Tennessee River and into the Tennessee River Gorge. Whether it is a special occasion with family and friends or a relaxing company cruise, the River Gorge Explorer can be chartered for all kinds of events. Charters are available for morning, afternoon and evening cruises.
- $2,000 for a 2-hour private charter for up to 70 people.
- $2,500 for a 3-hour private charter at sunset for up to 70 people.
The IMAX Boardroom offers a professional meeting space for up to 30 people. Available for full, half or multiple day meetings.
- $550 per day and $330 per half day.
- Includes full use of AV equipment, coff ee, water and soft drinks for attendees.
- Catering and room setup options available.
It’s easy to have a “party with a purpose” at the Tennessee Aquarium. If you have an objective for your event like networking, teambuilding or helping participants to better appreciate each other’s diverse roles, we have some fun solutions!
|Scavenger Hunts $150
Animal Encounters $150
Jack Daniel’s “Lounge” $250
(with drink specials)
|Narrated Dive Shows $450
Coat Check $1 per person
Special event lighting TBD