Sustainable Seafood Recipes
The Tennessee Aquarium’s Serve & Protect program was founded in partnership with famed foodist Alton Brown. This long-term sustainable seafood initiative is meant to be a fun-filled campaign that helps inland residents make better seafood decisions by providing an easy to understand foundation to build upon.
Famed foodists have developed some savory seafood recipes specifically for the Aquarium’s “Serve & Protect” program. We’ll update this page with more recipes, which will give you plenty of tasty and sustainable options. So keep checking back!
- Beef Cured Cobia with Peas & Crispy Onions
- Cast Iron Cobia en Turmeric Brodo with Carolina Gold Rice and Cherry Tomato Confit
- Curry Braised Drum with Rice Fritters
- Pan Seared Cobia with Summer Squash & Pistachio Pesto
- Smoked Mullet Dip
- Spiced Filet-o-Red Drum Sandwich
- Charred Squid and Sweet Potatoes with Napa Cabbage and Spicy Lime
- Mama's Crawfish Etouffee
- Catfish Chowder
- Miso-Glazed Catfish
- Seared Diver Scallops
- Alchemy Spice Seared Scallops
- Buttermilk Fried Scallops with Grits
- Spicy Scallops and Corn Chowder
- Seared Sea Scallops with Gremolata
- Mussels Opa!
- Billi Bi Soup
- Crayfish Beignets
- Grilled Shrimp "Gumbo"
- Honey Lime Grilled Shrimp