Day Camp Volunteer
If you like kids, we have some summer fun for you!
Day Camp volunteers help with crafts, snacks, hiking, canoeing and field trips for younger children during the Aquarium Education department's summer camp. Choose to give a few weeks of your summer to mentor younger kids and have fun too.
Camp is held at the Tennessee Aquarium and IMAX Theater Complex. Tennessee Aquarium. Off site field trip locations that may include but are not limited to the Chattanooga Nature Center, Chattanooga Zoo, Greenway Farm, North Chickamauga Creek and Greenway, Raccoon Mountain Caverns, and the River Gorge Pot Point House.
- Be at least 14-17 years old (be at least 14 yrs. old by May 1st)
- Be enthusiastic and cheerful
- Have some experience working with children (ie. babysitting/siblings)
- Have a strong interest in working with young children
- Be a team player and participate in all aspects of camp
- Have reliable transportation to and from the Aquarium during the camp program
- Assist camp counselors with daily activities of camp including preparation and clean-up
- Assist with crafts, snack preparation and games/activities
- Assist with restroom breaks and street crossings
- Adhere to all guidelines established by the Tennessee Aquarium
- Attend specific mandatory training sessions dealing with each camp group you are working with.
- We recommend a maximum of four weeks of volunteer service with no more than two consecutive weeks
If you would like to apply, please complete the Day Camp Volunteer application and the volunteer office will contact you. If you have questions please call the volunteer office at 423-785-3057 or 800-262-0695 ext. 3057 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.