Docents have the best fish tales in town.
Docents are stationed throughout the Aquarium galleries to share information about the habitats, animals and plants. As a docent, you will be equipped with interesting and fun facts that will impress any visitor. Docent shifts are available Monday thru Sunday, 9:30 am - 2 pm or 1:30 pm to 6 pm. We especially need weekend docents!
Docent volunteers should:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be enthusiastic and cheerful
- Have good oral communication skills
- Have an interest in working with the public, animals, plants, habitats or the environment
- Be available to work one 4½ hour shifts once a week
- Requires standing and walking through building
- Have access to a computer
- Answer questions as visitors tour the Aquarium
- Interpreting exhibits and the habitats and explaining exhibit animals and plants
- Sharing an environmental message to the general public that stresses the interconnectedness of all living things and the importance of stewardship
- Extending hospitality to visitors touring the Tennessee Aquarium
- Attend all 8 training sessions on Tuesday evenings beginning February 17, 2015 from 6 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Pass an AquaAssessment at the conclusion of the training course
- Two 4½ hour shifts are available each day, from 9:30 am -2 pm or 1:30 pm - 6 pm seven days a week
- We especially need weekend volunteers!
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer please fill out the volunteer inquiry below or print and complete the volunteer inquiry and send to us. We will contact you to set up an interview.