High School Youth Volunteer
As a youth volunteer you will help visitors locate camouflaged animals, assist guests in touching a live sturgeon or tell visitors how much a green sea turtle weighs.
This is a great way to meet students from other schools and gain important experience interacting with adults and children.
The Youth Volunteer program is designed to give high school students the opportunity to become actively involved in their community by providing valuable volunteer hours. Students from city, county, private school or home school students who have successfully completed one year of high school SCIENCE are eligible for the program.
Youth Volunteers are responsible for attending a mandatory training class on Saturday, May 16, 2015 from 10 am to 5:00 pm. After successfully completing the course and passing the exam, the students become members of the Education team, and will be responsible for a 4.5 hour shift twice a month.
- Fifteen students will be chosen to participate in the high school volunteer program for the Tennessee Aquarium.
- Applications are due no later than Monday, May 4, 2015 by 4:00 PM (no exceptions) and notification letters will be emailed the week of May 11th.
- Applicants must be high school students between the ages of 14-17 years old who have completed at least one high school Science and be able to volunteer for ONE calendar year.
- One mandatory training class will be held on Saturday, May 16, 2015 from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM. (no make-up session will be available).
- Applications must be filled out by the student!
If you are interested in becoming a high school youth volunteer please download and complete the High School Youth Packet.