High School Youth Volunteer
As a youth volunteer you will help visitors locate camouflaged animals, assist guests in touching a live sturgeon or tell visitors how much a green sea turtle weighs.
This is a great way to meet students from other schools and gain important experience interacting with adults and children.
The Youth Volunteer program is designed to give high school students the opportunity to become actively involved in their community by providing valuable volunteer hours. Students from city, county, private school or home school students who have successfully completed one year of high school SCIENCE are eligible for the program.
After being accepted, Youth Volunteers are responsible for attending a mandatory training class. After successfully completing the course and passing the exam, the students become members of the Education team, and will be responsible for a 4.5 hour shift twice a month for an entire calendar year.
- Applicants must be high school students between the ages of 14-17 years old who have completed at least one high school Science and be able to volunteer for ONE calendar year.
- Applications must be filled out by the student!
- Recruitments are conducted three times per year: January, May and September.
- 10 - 15 students will be chosen each recruitment to participate in the high school volunteer program for the Tennessee Aquarium.
- Students accepted into the program will complete a one day mandatory training session.
- Please see the application below for the upcoming application deadline and training session date!
If you are interested in becoming a high school youth volunteer, you can check out the May 2016 application. Please wait until the new version of the application is posted on August 1st, 2016, before turning any materials in.
Applications, transcripts and letters of recommendation are due no later than 4pm EST on Friday, September 2, 2016. If you have any questions regarding the Youth Volunteer program, please contact Valerie Bogie, Teen Conservation Coordinator, at email@example.com.