Community Outreach Program
The Tennessee Aquarium is pleased to offer the Community Outreach Program to area non-profit organizations.
The mission of the Tennessee Aquarium is to “connect people with nature and empower them to make informed decisions about water and wildlife.” We are committed to providing an opportunity for our community to experience that mission in action. The Community Outreach Program allows area non-profits to share the Aquarium experience with the people they serve.
Award Details and Eligibility
- Open to 501(c)(3) organizations in Tennessee, Alabama and Georgia whose programs specifically serve low-income families, at-risk children, people with disabilities and other underrepresented groups.
- Each awarded organization will receive entry for a group of 15 to 40 people to the River Journey and Ocean Journey buildings. Group visitation is allowed during the designated visitation period.
- Tickets for the IMAX 3D Theater may be purchased separately at a discounted rate.
- Reservations are subject to availability and must be made at least two weeks in advance.
- Awarded organizations must submit a brief evaluation (and photos) after their visit. The evaluation form will be provided with the group reservation details.
- Aquarium staff will notify all applicants of award decisions and the reservation process via email.
- NOT ELIGIBLE: Individuals, School Groups, Non-profits without current 501(c)(3) exempt status, For-profit Agencies, Fundraiser Events, previously awarded groups that did not submit an evaluation.
Please check back beginning October 15, 2019 for the next application cycle.
If you have any questions about this program, please email Mara-Lynne Payne, Manager of Diversity & Inclusion, (423) 785-3016.