Community Outreach Program
The Tennessee Aquarium is pleased to offer the Community Outreach Program to area non-profit organizations.
The mission of the Tennessee Aquarium is “to connect people with nature and empower them to make informed decisions about water and wildlife”. We are committed to providing opportunities for our community to experience that mission in action. The Community Outreach Program allows area non-profits to share the Aquarium experience with the people they serve. We encourage groups to plan meaningful visits that align with your program goals.
Award Details and Eligibility
- Open to 501(c)(3) organizations in Tennessee, Alabama and Georgia whose programs specifically serve low-income families, at-risk children, people with disabilities and other underserved groups.
- Each awarded organization will receive entry for a group of 15 to 40 people to the River Journey and Ocean Journey buildings. Group visitation is allowed during the designated period of Nov. 1, 2019 – April 30, 2020 (excluding holidays).
- Based on group size and age of guests, groups may choose to add a Behind-the- Scenes Tour or Animal Encounter for a weekday visit.
- Groups may also apply for transportation reimbursement ($200/bus).
- Tickets for the IMAX 3D Theater may be purchased separately at a discounted rate.
- Reservations are subject to availability and must be made at least two weeks in advance.
- Awarded organizations must submit a brief evaluation and photos after their visit. The evaluation form will be provided following the confirmed reservation.
- Aquarium staff will notify all applicants of award decisions and the reservation process via email.
- NOT ELIGIBLE: Individuals, School Groups, Non-profits without current 501(c)(3) exempt status, For-profit Agencies, Fundraiser Events, previously awarded groups that did not submit a post-visit evaluation
|Application opens||October 2019|
|Applicants notified of award & specific instructions for group reservation||Within one week of application|
|Aquarium visitation period||Nov. 1, 2019 – April 30, 2020 (excludes holidays and subject to availability).|
|Evaluation due to Tennessee Aquarium||Within one week after visit|
Mara-Lynne Payne, Manager of Diversity & Inclusion
Phone: (423) 785-3016