Chattanooga, Tenn. (April 18, 2019) – With a half-dozen exhibits and a collection of interactive displays that challenge the definition of an “island,” the new Island Life gallery represents an extensive expansion to a tour through the Tennessee Aquarium.
On its own, this globe-trotting addition adds tremendously to the journey guests embark on when touring the River and Ocean Journey buildings. Thanks to the return of the Summer Family Pass, however, visitors can return as many times as they want during the warmer months to experience Island Life and the rest of the Aquarium at their own pace.
Safe in the knowledge that they can come back, Summer Family Pass holders can slow down and dive deeper. With no time limit to their experience, they can appreciate the minute details others might miss, whether that’s the ability of Panther Chameleon eyes to look in multiple directions at once, the golden glint of Red-bellied Piranha scales or the stream of bubbles left behind when Gentoo Penguins rocket through the water.
The $99 pass will be available May 1 at Chattanooga-area Food City locations and will be sold through May 31. Pass holders enjoy unlimited daily admission to the Aquarium for two named adults and up to five children (ages 18 or younger) through Labor Day, Monday, Sept. 2.
Visitors during the summer will be able to take advantage of a wide-range of free experiences that further enhance their Aquarium journey. These free activities include dive shows, exhibit feedings, close-ups with animal ambassadors and an extensive schedule of Daily Animal Programs focusing on North American River Otters, American Alligators, Red-rufffed and Ring-tailed Lemurs and more.
To add even more to their Aquarium visit, Summer Family Pass holders can take advantage of $7 admission to 45-minute films at the Tennessee Aquarium IMAX 3D Theater. During the summer, the theater’s six-story screen — the largest in Chattanooga — will host the following stunning selections:
- Oceans 3D (through May 23): Visit the largest, least-explored environment on earth, from the polar ice caps and vivid reefs to the deepest depths. Learn how this magnificent, largely uncharted habitat supports life above and below the waves while encountering everything from Manta Rays and Sperm Whales to Bottlenose Dolphins and Green Sea Turtles.
- Pandas 3D: Experience a veritable flood of cuteness while watching a team of conservationists as they work to prepare four Giant Panda cubs to leave human care and rejoin their wild cousins. Narrated by Kristen Bell.
- Great Barrier Reef 3D (opening May 24): Peek below the waves to see the Great Barrier Reef, one of the world’s greatest living wonders and its largest living structure, through the eyes of a researcher who grew up in its midst.
- Volcanoes 3D (opening June 28): Things really heat up in this explosive film exploring the simultaneously destructive and life-giving roles played by these lava-spewing forces of nature. Filmmakers captured exhilarating views of these geologic wonders by venturing closer than most would dare.
The Summer Family Pass also includes the following benefits:
- Additional discounts on Backstage Pass tours and guest tickets
- Save 10 percent at Aquarium gift shops and on concessions
To purchase the Tennessee Aquarium Summer Family Pass, present your ValuCard at the register of any local Food City store.
For questions, call the Tennessee Aquarium’s membership department at 423-267-FISH (3474). For more information, visit http://www.tnaqua.org/summer-family-pass