Chattanooga, Tenn. (Jan. 13, 2020) – During the month of February, college students, faculty and staff and members of scouting organizations will receive half-price admission to the Tennessee Aquarium and to screenings at the IMAX 3D Theater. The discounts apply to Aquarium tickets, 45-minute IMAX film screenings and combo ticket purchases.
To receive the Scout and College Days discount, scouts must wear their uniform or sash. Students must present a valid student ID or online transcript to show enrollment at a physical or online institution. College staff and faculty can present a pay stub to enjoy reduced admission. In all cases, the discount applies to everyone in the paying party.
Visitors can take advantage of the discount for all trips to the Aquarium and eligible films from Saturday, Feb. 1, to Saturday, Feb. 29. The discount also applies to repeat visits and screenings.
This discount arrives just in time to provide respite to those seeking an escape from the wet, gray weather of mid-winter. Even when the weather outside is at its most drab, the Aquarium is a veritable kaleidoscope of hues, from the vibrant reef dwellers flitting about Ocean Journey’s live coral exhibit to the army of colorful Poison Dart Frogs in River Journey’s Discovery Hall gallery.
Every trip through the Aquarium offers an opportunity to witness unique behaviors, so no two visits are alike. Even longtime Aquarium fans will delight to see some of the Aquarium’s more-recent additions. Some of these relative newcomers include a trio of enormous Dungeness Crabs in the Vancouver Island exhibit or the herd of Lined Seahorses and bloom of delicate Pacific Nettles in Boneless Beauties.
As always, guests will also have plenty of opportunities to gain deeper insights and a close-up look at many of the Aquarium’s wild ambassadors during free dive shows and Daily Animal Programs. These keeper-led events offer fascinating insights about a slew of animals, from American Alligators and North American River Otters to Ring-tailed Lemurs and Gentoo Penguins.
Across the street, the IMAX 3D Theater is hosting a trio of giant-screen films.
- Great Barrier Reef 3D whisks audiences to the other side of the world to explore the fragile beauty of the largest reef system on the planet.
- Superpower Dogs 3D introduces viewers to talented teams of humans and pups whose uncanny abilities make them the next best thing to real-life superheroes.
- And if things seem too cold outside, Volcanoes 3D focuses on the hot heads of the geologic world. Along the way, audiences will see the surprisingly life-giving impact these often-devastating natural wonders can have.
Information about and a schedule of the Aquarium’s Daily Animal Programs is available at tnaqua.org/animals-exhibits/extraordinary-experiences.
To view the IMAX screening schedule and purchase tickets, visit tnaqua.org/imax.
College and Scout Day Discount Rates*:
- Tennessee Aquarium: $17.00 (adults and college students) / $11 (ages 3-12)
- IMAX*: $6 (adults) / $5 (ages 3-12)
- Tennessee Aquarium/IMAX combo ticket: $21.00 (adults) / $14 (ages 3-12)
* Ticket purchases must be redeemed during the month of February. IMAX discounts valid on 45-minute screenings, not feature-length films. Special Tennessee Aquarium membership discounts will be available throughout February.