The Tennessee Aquarium's Backstage Pass gives you VIP access to get up-close, touch and feed Aquarium animals. Put yourself in the boots of one of the Aquarium's animal caretakers during this 45-minute experience with 15 or fewer people.
Advance reservations are recommended. Save $3 per person when booking an Aquarium combo/Backstage Pass in advance. Call 800-262-0695 to reserve your spot. Reservation line hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm ET. Lines will be closed on weekends and major holidays.
$14 Member Backstage Pass / $17 Non-member Backstage Pass (Aquarium admission is required.)
- $56.95 for Adult Backstage Pass + Aquarium/IMAX Combo Ticket with Advance Reservation ($59.95 at ticketing center with no reservation)
- $43.95 for Ages 6-12 Backstage Pass + Aquarium/IMAX Combo Ticket with Advance Reservation ($46.95 at ticketing center with no reservation)
Discounts available for Groups of 15+ call (800) 262 0695.
Due to safety concerns, children under age 6 are not permitted.
11:15 a.m. Backstage Pass Tour: River Journey Building
- Meet at River Journey membership desk
- Tour the Aquarium's Q-room and see young animals and fish waiting to go out on exhibit.
- Visit the Food Prep Room to see how diets are prepared daily for all of our Aquarium creatures.
- Explore the Keepers Only area above the River Giants exhibit to see huge freshwater fish.
- Get up close and personal during a fun and educational animal encounter.
2:30 p.m. Backstage Pass Tour: Ocean Journey Building
- Meet in Ocean Journey Lobby
- Go above the penguin exhibit for a bird's eye view of our Gentoo and Macaroni penguins.
- Stop above the Secret Reef exhibit and chat with scuba divers coming out of the shark tank.
- Watch and help the aquarists as approximately 3,500 fish get fed in our largest exhibit.
- Get up close and personal during an encounter with an animal that is not on exhibit.
NOTE: The Ocean Journey Backstage Pass is not handicap accessible due to steps leading up to the "catwalk" overlooking the Penguins' Rock exhibit.