Summer Camp Volunteer
Gain experience while earning volunteer hours!
Summer Camp Volunteers help with crafts, snacks, hiking, canoeing and field trips for younger children during the Aquarium Education Department's Summer Camp. Choose to give a few weeks of your summer to mentor younger kids and have fun too.
The camp is held at the Tennessee Aquarium and IMAX Theater Complex. Tennessee Aquarium with off-site field trip locations included.
- Be at least 14-17 years old (be at least 14 yrs. old by May 1st)
- Be enthusiastic and cheerful
- Have some experience working with children
- Have a strong interest in working with young children
- Be a team player and participate in all aspects of camp
- Have reliable transportation to and from the Aquarium during the camp program
- Be able to commit to at least two weeks, preferably consecutive weeks.
- Assist camp counselors with daily activities of camp including preparation and clean-up
- Assist with crafts, snack preparation and games/activities
- Assist with restroom breaks and street crossings
- Adhere to all guidelines established by the Tennessee Aquarium
- A mandatory training session will be held on Saturday, May 11, 2019, beginning at 9:00 am.
2019 Summer Camp Volunteer Application
In an effort to make our application process better for the environment, we prefer to receive applications electronically. If you have questions, please contact Danielle Pope-White at firstname.lastname@example.org.