Docents have the best fish tales in town.
Docents are stationed throughout the Aquarium galleries to share information about the habitats, animals and plants. As a docent, you will be equipped with interesting and fun facts that will impress any visitor. Docent shifts are available Monday thru Sunday, 9:30 am - 2 pm or 1:30 pm to 6 pm. We especially need weekend docents!
Docent volunteers should:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be enthusiastic and cheerful
- Have good oral communication skills
- Have an interest in working with the public
- Be available to work one 4½ hour shifts once a week for a minimum of one year
- Requires standing and walking through building
- Answer questions as visitors tour the Aquarium
- Interpreting exhibits and the habitats
- Sharing an environmental message to the general public that support our mission
- Extending hospitality to visitors touring the Tennessee Aquarium
- Touch tank coverage
- Attend all training sessions
- Pass an AquaAssessment at the conclusion of the training course
The next docent application will be available in January 2019.